Saturday, March 6, 2010

Reflection Question

Find a website that is mentioned in one of your optional books and sell it to your fellow students.  Tell why it is good and how you might use it in class.

Then this weekend.. Comment on someone else's with suggestions of other ways they can use it and suggestions for improvement.

The technology that I would love to use in my classroom in Moodle.  http://moodle.org

Moodle is a free, open-source course management system based upon the constructionist philosophy.  A powerful tool for online learning communities, it claims 130,000 registered users in 160 countries speaking 75 languages.  There is also a print MoodleZine newsletter and now a book on e-learning communities.  (Web 2.0 pg. 228)  In other words,  Moodle is a course management system designed to help educators who want to create quality online courses.  (http://moodle.com/)

The following link will take you to the Moodle Demonstration Site:  http://demo.moodle.net/.  Take a look around and see what activities, resources, and administration tools are offered to help teachers set up a learning community for their students.

The following is a list of some of these activities, resources, and  administration options.
Activities




3 comments:

  1. Wow, the information in that site is a little overwhelming when you first see it.;) There's so much you can do with that technology! What would you specifically do with that for your class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Elisabeth that the site is quite overwhelming. I found it very non-user friendly to navigate around the site, just because I was trying to understand the site's purpose. But I'm sure with some motivation to understand it and set up your own information on the site that it would be quite useful. I think it is so awesome that it is in so many languages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that at first the site was overwhelming, but the more research that I do, and the more I play around on it, I think I am really going to like working with moodle. It will be time consuming to get all of the information uploaded, but I think the payoff will be worth it when my students can work at their own pace to prepare for the End of Instruction tests.

    ReplyDelete