Monday, April 26, 2010

Bio-Poem Feedback/Response

Dr. Cullen left some feedback on my Bio-Poem, so I thought I would share it with you. 


Dr. Cullen:  Comment:
How severe are your students?  I have two issues here.


1)  A whole 50 minute period for this.  You could take a day off here- and do this with time to work on Wednesday and Thursday.
2)  Is there an issue of having kids with IEPs featured on a web page?


Great Questions!


My Reply:  My students are not severe at all this year and all of my classes have between 2-6 students in them.  It will not take us more than five minutes to take everyone's pictures, 10 minutes to download the pictures, if everything works the way it should, and 5 minutes to upload the pictures onto their word documents for the rough draft, and then another 5 minutes to upload to their finished draft.


Revision of my Weekly Lesson Plan:


Monday:
I think that we can pre-write and have photos taken on the first day.


Tuesday:
Finish rough draft and photos, download photos onto the computer and upload onto their rough drafts.


Wednesday and Thursday:
Complete rough draft and begin peer review and revision process.


Friday:
Finish peer review, make revisions, begin posting onto Livejournal.com


Monday:
Finish posting completed projects onto Livejournal.com


I will have my Livejournal.com page password protected so that only students in my classes have access.  (I hope)  If not, our entire student body has signed internet release forms, so I already have parent permission to post my students work.


Dr. Cullen:  Comment:
Maybe have them attach a draft to the Self-Assessment/Peer Review Checklist.


My Response:
I created a packet for each student that includes a format sheet and the self-assessment/peer review checklist.  These packets will stay will the students work during the rough draft, review, revision, and final posting stage.


Dr. Cullen:  Comment:
In response to my PASS Instructional Technology Standards:  Standard 2:  The student will demonstrate knowledge of social, ethical, and human issues.


Be more selective here!


My Response:
Actually, racial and ethical comments always arise in my 9th grade English class.
I have one student who is of Mexican American/American Indian heritage and we spend a great deal of time talking about appropriate ways for him to express his feelings and appropriate ways for his classmates to express their feelings.  They are a very close group, and racial slurs fly throughout the day. I spend a lot of time trying to keep comments constructive!

No comments:

Post a Comment